The MEZ Crafts Group produces the yarns for its various brands in Europe, and the goods are sent to trading partners all over the world from two locations: First, from the main logistics center in Salach – the birthplace of the 200-year-old traditional Schachenmayr brand – and from the logistics center in Nagyatad, Hungary. At the latter location, the company produces diverse quality yarns for its various brands.
Logistics centers of the quality brands Schachenmayr, REGIA, Anchor & Co.
From Salach in Germany and Nagyatad in Hungary the handmade yarns of the MEZ brands are shipped to the world.
Made in Europe & shipped from Europe
The logistics center in Salach - the facts in a video overview
The key figures
- Commissioning 1987
- Fully automated carton high bay warehouse
- 25 m wide | 25 m high | 100 m long
- 2.100 m2
- Retrofit 2009 – Modernization of automation technology
- 5 aisles, each with one stacker crane
- Placement strategy = lane cross distribution
- 106.056 Cardboard spaces
- 350 storage and retrieval per hour
- 97 light barriers
- 3.021 sprinkler heads
- 1.800 deliveries, 600 to 800 cartons daily
- 1 million orderlines
- Number of picks: 3.200.000
- Shipping: Up to 2,000 parcels daily
- approx. 1,900 tons of hand knitting yarns
- Daily pick up
To the online store for specialized dealers
Order around the clock the products of our yarn quality brands Schachenmayr, REGIA, Anchor, MEZsewings, as well as other needlework brands in our online store for specialty retailers.